Adam Wong FCA (Singapore), FCPA (Aust), MSID, B.Acc
Certified Professional Trainer (IPMA,UK)
Adam is the Managing Director of Mayvest Asia Pte Ltd, an Affiliated Faculty of the
Singapore Management University and Associate Lecturer in Singapore Institute of
Management. Adam is also an adjudicator of the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution
Centre in Singapore.
Being a seasoned and highly acclaimed trainer / facilitator, Adam has successfully
conducted workshops for the Monetary Authority of Singapore and bankers in
Singapore, Taiwan, Shanghai, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bahrain, Sri Lanka and
Pakistan with consistent good appraisals from participants. He is also one of the few
successful developers of training programmes that are accredited under the Institute
of Banking and Finance Competency Standard.
He has more than 20 years banking experience, holding senior positions in various
- General Manager with Standard Chartered Bank (both in Singapore and Hong Kong),
- Director in American Express Bank,
- Head of Cash Management, eCommerce and Trade Sales in DBS Bank,
- Director of DBT Bank, a joint venture bank in Indonesia
- Chief Representative of DBS Bank in Indonesia
- Vice President of Corporate Banking in DBS Bank
Having strong strategic orientation and regional exposure in South East Asia and Hong
Kong, he is credited with significantly growing a global bank's SME assets by 450%
over a 3-year period in Singapore and doubled the trade finance business in Hong Kong
within a year. He also started a new cash management business for a leading bank in
Asia and grew it to a multi-billion business annually.
Adam is a:
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (Singapore),
- Fellow Certified Public Accountant (Australia),
- Certified Professional Trainer (International Professional Managers Association, UK)
- Professional member of the Association of Professional Trainers (Singapore).
- Certified Credit Risk Management Professional (American Express Bank),
- Member of the Institute of Directors (Singapore)