Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing
- Be aware of the seriousness of money laundering & terrorist financing.
- Understand and comply with the requirements laid down by the regulators.
- Identify customers as required by the regulators?
- Identify various types of Suspicious Transactions
- Prevent attempts by parties to launder money through the organisation
Overview of Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing
Businesses Prone to Money Laundering
- What constitute a Terrorist Act?
- Relationship Between Terrorism and Money Laundering
- Combating Terrorist Financing
Regulatory Framework / Guidance
- APG on Money Laundering
- Patriot Act
- Wolfsberg Statements / Principles
- MAS 626
- Confiscation of Benefits Act
Combating Money Laundering
Counter Terrorist Financing
- What Financial Institutions Must Not Do in Relation to Terrorist Financing
The Price of Non-Compliance
Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering systems
- Elements of the AML Rules Engine
Controls Implemented by Banks
International Survey on Banks AML Issues / Practices
Duration: 2 Days